Dual 400V – 2x200kVA boost EV Motor Controller
DDMO400V450A1 is part of a modular inverter structure family suitable for a wide range of automotive applications, integrating functionalities available on two separate inverters into a single unit.
It is a dual inverter solution for Electric Vehicles (EV), but it may be adopted as well in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV), in Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV), or in Full-Electric Vehicles (FEV).
It is designed according to ISO26262 safety standard guidelines, having in mind specifically electric vehicles equipped with two 3-phase motors (up to 800V DC bus) for automotive applications (two 3-phase motors (including PMSM, TFM, AFM) or single 6-phases PMSM motor are supported).
This unique integration and modularity significantly reduces cost, space and cable connections while increasing quality and reliability compared with traditional multi ECU solutions.
Traction inverter for 3-phase electric motors having: DC-Link: 400V (nominal), DC-Link Range: 350V – 450V (possible up to 800V), Current: 2x205A (rms continuous), 450A (rms boost), Power: 2x90kVA (continuous), 2x200kVA (boost); Power density: 67kVA/liter; Specific Power: 49kVA/Kg. Support for multiple motor types (eg.: PMSM, TFM, AFM). Full access motor control parameters and torque mapping.
Flexible support of position sensors and interfaces including digital Hall sensors, SSI, RS485 and analog Sin/Cos sensors. Support of motor temperature sensors.
Easy motor specific adaption independently of motor manufacturer. In case you do not have access to the detailed technical motor specification, I&M offers to characterize the motor for you on our in-house test bench.
High Efficiency Power Electronics and Motor Algorithms
Up to 98% efficiency. “Field Oriented Control“ (FOC) algorithm. Highest performance and maximum torque under all operating conditions and speeds with “Full Field Weakening“ and “Maximum Torque per Ampere“ (MTPA) support.
High energy efficiency due to recuperative breaking option. Minimum motor harmonics and torque ripple.
DDMO400V450-1 is configurable with IGBT or SiC power modules for optimum cost/performance ratio
- Dedicated output signals for reverse battery polarity protection or for external relay command
- Dedicated peak&hold output signal to drive the contactor and pre-charge relay
- Comprehensive diagnostic and safety functions.
- System protection against over-voltage, over-current, over-temperature.
- Controlled derating in case of system protection.
- Designed according to ISO26262, supports up to ASIL-D level (through advanced safe power supply, lockstep and watchdog architecture)
- Support of vehicle management functions (VMU), including gyro, acceleration sensors, brake, throttle, steering angle, drive mode, auxiliaries
- Two CAN 2.0 buses connect DDMO400V450A1 controller with the rest of the system: auxiliaries, battery management system and optionally more DDMO units in slave mode. The first one is an isolated CAN, for improved reliability, the second supports remote wake-up.
- The CAN bus also serves as interface for SW updates, system monitoring and diagnostic checks supported by an UDS (Unified Diagnostic Services) standard protocol through ODB-2 port.
- One 100-BaseT Ethernet connection is also available for development purposes.
DDMO400V450A1 mechanical housing has one bigger metallic housing equipped with connectors, bus-bars, and hoses, while, for weight saving, a part of the cover has been made of plastic. To improve EMC, the application of metallic painting or specific shielding might be considered.
The mechanical housing has been designed to fulfil the following characteristics:
- Weight: less than 10kg
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 390x680x120mm
- Grade: IP69
In case the DDMO400V450-1 controller functionality meets your general requirements but your specific application needs some adaptions please contact us. Due to the modular design many modifications can be made quickly and with low effort. Options include e.g. changes of nominal operating voltage to 800V, different power module technologies, housing etc.
Contact us and learn more