Dual 48V – 2x26kVA boost LEV Motor Controller (DDMO-LEV)
The DDMO-LEV controller is part of a modular inverter structure family suitable for a wide range of automotive applications, integrating functionalities available on two separate inverters into a single unit: it is the only dual inverter solution for electrified axle equipped with two 48V in-wheel or near-wheel motors on the market today.
It is designed according to ISO26262 safety standard guidelines, having in mind specifically light electric vehicles (classes L5e, L6e, L7e) equipped with two 3-phase motors for automotive applications (two 3-phase permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSM), two 3-phase brushless DC motors (BLDC), two 3-phase Induction Motors, single 6-phases PMSM motor are supported).
This unique integration and modularity significantly reduces cost, space and cable connections while increasing quality and reliability compared with traditional multi ECU solutions.
Traction inverter for 3-phase electric motors having: DC-Link: 48V (nominal), DC-Link Range: 36V – 54V, Current: 2x230A (rms continuous), 500A (rms boost), Power: 2x12kVA (continuous), 2x26kVA (boost); Power density: 11kVA/liter; Specific Power: 10kVA/Kg. Support of PMSM, asynchronous, synchronous reluctance and transversal flux. Full access motor control parameters and torque mapping.
Easy motor specific adaption independently of motor manufacturer. In case you do not have access to the detailed technical motor specification, I&M offers to characterize the motor for you on our in-house test bench.
High Efficiency Power Electronics and Motor Algorithms
Up to 98% efficiency. “Field Oriented Control“ (FOC) algorithm. Highest performance and maximum torque under all operating conditions and speeds with “Full Field Weakening“ and “Maximum Torque per Ampere“ (MTPA) support.
High energy efficiency due to recuperative breaking option. Minimum motor harmonics and torque ripple.
- Dedicated output signals for reverse battery polarity protection or for external relay command
- Dedicated peak&hold output signal to drive the contactor and pre-charge relay
- Support of vehicle management functions (VMU)
- Two CAN 2.0 buses connect DDMO controller with the rest of the system: auxiliaries, battery management system and optionally more DDMO units in slave mode. The first one is an isolated CAN, for improved reliability, the second supports remote wake-up.
- The CAN bus also serves as interface for SW updates, system monitoring and diagnostic checks supported by an UDS (Unified Diagnostic Services) port. A 100-BaseT Ethernet connection is also available for development purposes.
DIDIMO LV mechanical housing has an aluminium base plate acting as a heatsink for the power electronic circuits, and shall be connected to a liquid cooler or an air cooler for proper functionality.
The mechanical housing has been designed to fulfil the following characteristics:
- Weight: less than 4 kg
- Physical Dimensions (L x W x H): 277mm x 207mm x 67mmGrade: IP67
In case the DDMO-LEV controller functionality meets your general requirements but your specific application needs some adaptions please contact us. Due to the modular design many modifications can me made quickly and with low effort. Options include e.g. changes of nominal operating voltage to 60V or 72V, integrated body features, modified motor control algorithms etc.
Contact us and learn more